Thank you for your interest in Boston Harbor Now. We are an intentionally diverse workplace. We recognize that people bring their personal histories to work and that we make better decisions when we include a wide range of experiences and opinions.
Development Operations Manager
The Manager of Development Operations oversees the daily operation of Boston Harbor Now’s development department, including working with a grant writing consultant to develop and submit timely grant proposals, the creation, execution and oversight of annual mailed and electronic appeals, creation and generation of reports, and management of deadlines as requested. The Development Operations Manager reports and provides admin support to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and is responsible for the supervision of an intern or Co-op student who enters gifts daily in Boston Harbor Now’s fundraising software.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce timely donor acknowledgements.
- Manage import and export of data in Salesforce.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports for Development, Board and event committees.
- Manage all data policies, including recommending and implementing needed changes to stay abreast of best practices and industry standards.
- Train interns on correct use of Salesforce and monitor data entry to ensure accuracy and timely information regarding to leadership of gifts received.
- Serve as liaison to Finance Department to develop accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Management of multiple annual appeals, including generating lists needed for appeals, writing letters, and creating a calendar and plan for appeals.
- Create, produce, and update moves management system.
- Track pledges and gifts to giving societies.
- Assemble and submit grant proposals in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain grant tracking pipeline to ensure grant application and reporting deadlines are met.
- Produce RSVP and follow-up lists for fundraising events including annual Spectacle on Spectacle event.
- Interface with donors to ensure efficient and accurate gift processing.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or a comparable database – 3+ years’ experience required
- Excellent computer skills including Google docs, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to build positive and effective relationships with colleagues
- Commitment to the mission of Boston Harbor Now
HOW TO APPLY