Friends of the Boston Harborwalk
The FBHW is a group of volunteers dedicated to increasing awareness, public enjoyment and local stewardship of Boston’s 43-mile Harborwalk. The group meets monthly to plan and coordinate three priorities:
- Hosting informative monthly two-hour tours highlighting different Harborwalk segments.
- Developing engaging and site-specific interpretive signs for residents and visitors along the Harborwalk and collaborating with waterfront property owners and other stakeholders on their installation.
- Organizing waterfront clean-up events and reporting maintenance concerns to help ensure that the entire length of the Harborwalk is clean, safe, and inviting.
For more information on joining the FBHW, contact Mike Manning, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING 2018 FBHW-SPONSORED TOURS
- July 29 (raindate): South Boston’s Carson Beach walking tour.
- August 11: Bike tour of Dorchester’s Neponset River Greenway.
- September 15: Mystic River Watershed kayak tour.
- October 13: North End walking tour.
Please help us accomplish our goals by becoming a FBHW volunteer. Here are a few opportunities for you to become involved:
Harborwalk Guided Tour Team
Tour team volunteers lead different guided excursions each month. Most tours are on foot, others via bicycle or by boat, with each event exploring a different Harborwalk segment from Belle Isle Marsh in East Boston to the former Baker Chocolate Factory in lower Dorchester. Tours typically run from 10 am to noon on Saturdays and begin and end near public transit. If you are interested in developing and/or leading a tour, please contact Mike Manning at email@example.com.
Harborwalk Signage Team
Our signage team works closely with property owners and all stakeholders to develop content for engaging and inclusive interpretive signs along the Harborwalk, celebrating Boston’s rich waterfront history by focusing on local points of interest. For more information contact Liz Nelson Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harborwalk Clean-up Team
Building on a long tradition of giving back to the community, countless volunteers from local corporate and civic organizations help our team periodically undertake a needed clean-up along a Harborwalk segment. These clean-ups typically occur from 9 am to noon on a date of your choosing. If you’re interested in hosting your volunteer group for this purpose, please contact Erik Bankey at email@example.com.