Boston Harbor Now in partnership with the Office of Mayor Martin J. Walsh and the City of Boston, Friends of Christopher Columbus Park and the Wharf District Council is proud to announce the return of the Labor Day weekend fireworks over Boston Harbor for the 6th year in a row, Thursday August 30, 2018 at 8:30 PM (RAIN OR SHINE).
- What is ‘Illuminate’: Boston Harbor Now’s 6th Annual Illuminate the Harbor Fireworks Celebration from two barges in Boston Harbor located between Long Wharf and Seaport!
- When are the fireworks: 8:30 PM on Thursday, August 30, 2018. This is the Thursday right before Labor Day weekend.
- Where to Watch: Fireworks can be viewed from anywhere on the waterfront but suggested public viewing locations along the Boston HarborWalk include:
- Christopher Columbus Park, North End
- Piers Park, East Boston
- Fan Pier, Seaport District
- Where to Listen: The Soundtrack of the Fireworks will be broadcasted LIVE on MAGIC 106.7 the evening of the show beginning at 8:30. Be sure to tune in for the full effect!
Who We Are:
As part of Boston Harbor Now’s continued mission to make Boston Harbor, the Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park and Waterfront vibrant and accessible world-class destinations, “Illuminate the Harbor” is a celebration of another successful season of public programming along one of the nation’s most beautiful harbors.
Join us as we welcome new residents and students to the city, embrace current neighbors and visitors, support local businesses, highlight and explore all of the great amenities that make Boston Harbor a fantastic place to live, work, play, eat and shop.
lluminate the Harbor Fireworks are made possible by the generous support and contribution of our sponsors. Please join us in thanking them:
City of Boston and the Office of Mayor Martin J. Walsh
Illuminate the Harbor Fireworks are made possible through generous support from:
Northend Waterfront/Northend Boston
Boston Harbor Hotel
Long Wharf Marriott
Joes American Bar and Grill
Tavistock Restaurant Collection
Hyatt Boston Harbor
Blue Hill Bank
Boston Yacht Haven Inn and Marina
Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
Pier 6 | ReelHouse
Boston Waterboat Marina
Boston Global Investors
Sail Loft Boston
Rep. Aaron Michlewitz
Boston Harbor Shipyard and Marina
Salem Five Bank
Sail Loft Boston
State Street Provisions
North End Against Drugs
and many generous private individual donors…
Fan of the Boston Harbor Fireworks? Support the fund here. Gifts to the Boston Harbor Fireworks Fund are tax deductible.