Over a dozen businesses and cultural institutions from Boston’s waterfront neighborhoods have come together for New Year’s Eve on the Waterfront 2019. Together we are making this New Year’s Eve a fun and memorable one. As a non-profit led initiative, this celebration is a culmination of six successful years of free and low-cost waterfront programming for residents and visitors across Boston’s waterfront neighborhoods. Click here to support our work.
On New Year’s Eve, Boston Harbor Now is organizing several FREE fun events across the waterfront to ring in the new year:
- Follow the Ice Sculpture Stroll to over a dozen sites and other activities from 1:00pm – 4:00pm on December 31, 2018.
- Enjoy waterfront activities like:
- Harbor Map Tour at the Boston Harbor Hotel
- Touch-a-Truck with First Responders at the Envoy Hotel
- Walking Tour of the Wharf District with the Friends of the Boston Harborwalk
- Countdown to the new years with the return of New Year’s Eve Midnight Harbor Fireworks.
- Start your New Year off right with the annual First Day Hike with our partners at DCR and the National Park Service from the Old North Church to the Bunker Hill Monument.
ICE SCULPTURE STROLL
Wind your way down the waterfront through the trail of interactive ice sculptures this New Year’s Eve. Come and see some of your seasonal favorites and some new designs hosted by Boston’s waterfront properties:
- Battery Wharf Hotel – 3 Battery Wharf, Boston 02109
- The Bostonian Hotel – 26 North St, Boston, MA 02109
- Pilot House & The Barr Foundation – 32 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02110 (NEW)
- The Greenway Carousel at The Tiffany & Co. Foundation Grove – Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston, MA 02114 (NEW)
- Boston Harbor Island Welcome Center – 191w Atlantic Avenue, Boston 02110
- New England Aquarium – 1 Central Wharf, Boston 02110
- Boston Harbor Hotel – 70 Rowes Wharf, Boston 02110
- International Place – 1 International Place, Boston 02110
- Atlantic Wharf – 280 Congress St, Boston, MA 02210 (NEW)
- Envoy Hotel – 70 Sleeper Street, Boston 02210
- LL Bean – 56 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210 (NEW)
- YOTEL Boston – 65 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210 (NEW)
- Moakley Courthouse – 1 Courthouse Way, Boston, MA 02210 (NEW)
- One Seaport – 60 Seaport Boulevard, Boston 02210
- Fan Pier – ONE Marina Park Drive, Boston, MA 02210
- Seaport Common – 85 Northern Avenue, Boston 02210
- Seaport Place – 155 Seaport Boulevard, Boston 02210
Walking Map of the Waterfront Ice Sculpture Stroll 2019
FREE PUBLIC PROGRAMMING
Harborwalk Walking Tour – Friends of the Boston Harborwalk
When: December 31, 1pm – 2pm
Where: Leventhal Room at the Boston Harbor Hotel
Vintage Harbor Map Tour – Boston Harbor Hotel
When: December 31, 11am-12pm
Where: Boston Harbor Hotel Magellan Map Room
Touch-a-Truck featuring Boston Firehouse Museum – Envoy Hotel
When: December 31, 1pm-4pm
Where: 70 Sleeper St, Boston, MA 02210
First Day Hike
When: January 1, 12:00pm-1:00pm
Where: Old North Church to Bunker Hill Monument
Registration Coming Soon
Boston Harbor Now, in partnership with the Friends of Christopher Columbus Park, the Wharf District Council and the City of Boston, is proud to host New Year’s Eve Midnight Harbor Fireworks for 2018. Ring in the new year with a brilliant display from a barge centered between Long Wharf and Fan Pier. Ideal viewing locations are from Christopher Columbus Park in the North End, Fan Pier in the Seaport District, and from the East Boston Harborwalk.
When: December 31, 2018 11:59pm
Where: Boston Harbor with suggested viewing locations at Christopher Columbus Park, Fan Pier, and East Boston Harborwalk
New Year’s Eve Evening Events
Enter to win a Staycation Giveaway prize package valued at over $1000 by visiting the waterfront this New Year’s Eve. Prize includes an overnight stay at a luxury hotel property, meal vouchers to area restaurants, a winter cruise, and other exciting local experiences.
– Overnight Stay at The Envoy Hotel w/ complimentary continental breakfast
– $100 Dinner Gift Certificate to State Street Provisions
– $50 Lunch Gift Certificate to Legal Sea Foods
– 2 Tickets to Showplace ICON luxury movie theatre
– 2 Tickets to Boston Harbor Islands Winter Wander Cruise
HOW TO ENTER:
- Post a selfie on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with one of our qualifying New Years Eve on the Harbor ice sculptures OR our midnight Harbor Fireworks.
- Tag @BostonHarborNow to enter.
- Add the partner location of the photos. See locations map here.
- Register via this Eventbrite page and be automatically entered into the raffle drawing for the Staycation Giveaway prize package.
- One entry per Eventbrite account will qualify.
Boston Harbor Now is proud to have partnered with over a dozen waterfront organizations, businesses, and entities to bring this beloved tradition back this season. We wish to thank these partners for their contribution and support:
City of Boston
Friends of Christopher Columbus Park
Wharf District Council
First Night Boston / Conventures
The Barr Foundation
Battery Wharf Hotel
The Bostonian Boston
Boston Fire Museum
Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park
Boston Harbor Hotel
The Boston Harbor Pilots Association
Boston Properties / Atlantic Wharf
Brookline Ice Co.
Fan Pier / CBRE New England / The Fallon Company
Grafton Restaurant Group
International Place, The Chiofaro Company
Legal Sea Foods
New England Aquarium
Rose Kennedy Greenway
United State Coast Guard
Discounted Parking Offer
The Boston Harbor Garage is offering a special discounted parking all-day rate for guests of the Waterfront Ice Sculpture Stroll. Please download our flyer for more details.
Support Your Harbor
Your gift supports free programs to help connect people with Boston Harbor all year.