Our annual photo contest invites visitors to submit a photo that captures something special about the Boston Harbor and its islands. Whether it’s the natural beauty, the opportunity to view wildlife, the enjoyment of recreation and community activities, or the rich history to be discovered, each of us has a reason we are drawn to the harbor. Show us yours!
The Boston Harbor & Islands Photo Contest is again made possible by the generous contribution and support by our photo contest sponsor, Hunt’s Photo and Video.
Due to limitations on travel and access to many sites during COVID-19, selection for the Boston Harbor and Islands Photo Contest will be postponed to the 2021 season. Any entries submitted in 2020 will autmatically be considered as part of the 2021 contest. We hope this change will give photographers more time and opportunities to explore and capture the harbor!
How to Participate:
- Submit: Submission portal will re-open in 2021. Submissions for each contest season are generally accepted July 1 – October 15. By submitting your image, you agree to our Release for Use of Photographs
- Look, Like, & Share: Watch the contest unfold on our Flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/bostonharborislands
- Vote: Finalists in each category will be determined by panel of park staff and featured on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bostonharborislands
Click to download Rules and Regulations
Click to view Categories
This year, there will be prizes for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall selections, made possible by our generous sponsors at Hunt’s Photo and Video.
- 1st place: A $500 gift card to Hunt’s Photo and Video
- 2nd place: A $250 gift card to Hunt’s Photo and Video
- 3rd place: $150 gift card to Hunt’s Photo and Video
All of our winners will also receive four free ferry tickets to the islands.
A panel of local photographers, Boston Harbor Islands representatives, and Hunt’s Photo and Video staff will select winners based on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. Judges shall determine eligibility with sole and absolute discretion and have the right to move photos from one category to another. All decisions made by the judges are final.
Contact email@example.com for any questions regarding the photo contest.