Sounds of Fort Warren
Come to Georges Island this Summer and let music fill your ears as you explore Fort Warren and the history of the island. From swing dance and big bands to a hip hop fiddler, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
- Sounds of Fort Warren: Army Band | July 2 | 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Enjoy a day on Georges Island with back-to-back performances from the 215th’s Music Performance Teams including:
- The Minuteman Brass Band
- The Commonwealth Brass Quintet
- Revolution rope drums & fifes
- Liberty woodwind/brass quintet
- Sounds of Fort Warren: Sail On to Swing | July 24 | 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Sounds of Fort Warren: Street Band Parade with School of HONK! | July 31 | 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Stomp your feet to the infectious beat of New Orleans jazz, swing, and big band music brought to you by Boston’s favorite community brass ensemble.
- Sounds of Fort Warren: Fife and Drum | August 6 | 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Hop aboard the ferry and head out to Fort Warren on Georges Island and enjoy traditional fife & drum performances by the Field Music School!
Listen to the whistles of the fife, a small instrument that played a large role in history, and hear a variety of calls that soldiers would have heard in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars!
- Sounds of Fort Warren: Big Lux | August 28 | 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
Hop aboard the ferry and head out to Fort Warren on Georges Island to enjoy a performance by Big Lux, an electric violinist with a Hip Hop flair.